We will be holding an evening gathering to celebrate and share the many stories and developments of 2013.
Tuesday 10th December at 5:30pm in Tewantin.
We’d love to see you there.
For more details email email@example.com.
The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate –Oprah Winfrey
Dear Journey Person,
The year has been very busy and we are pleased to share our year in brief with you all. Many of you have heard snippets of our journey. I am always quite blown away by the way it is all unfolding when it comes to the end of the year so I’m sure you will be too.
I encourage you to get in touch if you see yourself in any aspect of our journey. We appreciate both practical and theoretical help.
Look forward to hearing from you
Terri Waller and the SevGen team.
Year in brief…
- November 4th 2012: SevGen is in print. We were featured in ‘Social Alternatives’ magazine
- November 17th: Developed first 38page business plan. (Still only refer to our one pager!)
- December 2nd: Got a sign as honey started dripping from our ceiling (literally)
- December 10th: We got the keys to our new head office premises:
Level 1 SCAIP building
Cnr Williams and Howard St
- December 12th: Ernesto Sirolli joins our mastermind group (Hello Ernesto and Martha xxx)
- February 2013: We moved into the Nambour premises
- April 2013: Our second ‘SevGen Fractal’ was another big success. Numbers were up from 64 to 74 (we even had over 100 register but it was an extremely wet week and weekend which would have deter many)
- April 26th: SevGen is invited as a special friend of the ADCQ to share our story at the ADCQ planning day with international facilitator Meg Wheatley (Meg is on our Journey person’s database- Hello Meg xxx) and we received a letter of commendation from commissioner Kevin Cocks (Hello Mr Kevin Cocks xxx)
- May 15th: Enrolled in Scotia Macleod’s “Capital Raising” coaching course.
- May 27th: SevGen is invited to present at Self-Design and Natural Learning community in Mackay. We shared our methodologies and approaches and stories and made some great connections. (Hello to our friends at SD and NL Mackay xxx)
- June 27th: A random call comes from Canberra and an incredible connection is made with Paramodic. The call was a result of hearing about SevGen in Darwin… The word is spreading
- July 18th: Met with Jabiru Principal to discuss future auspice or offshoot possibilities. It was a very promising meeting and it was followed up by a letter to the Jabiru board of directors with an introductory proposal letter.
- August 4th: We are thrilled and honoured to meet face to face and sit down with Ernesto Sirolli who shared SevGen on his Facebook page. A big shout out! Ernesto has a huge following.
- August 4th: After our sit down with Ernesto we demand a ‘dream team’ and the universe provides. SevGen is joined by Business Manager Steve Green, Finance Manager/Advisor Adam Vieglais and marketing advisor Matt Perry.
- August 4th: SevGen is tabled by Gympie Regional Council as their startup business in a 6 council innovative projects initiative.
- August 15th: Letter of intent to partner from Five Bridges CEO Julieanne Eisemann
- September 2nd: Committed to Start Some Good crowdfunding campaign to get SevGen to participate in the Social Marketplace. Launched crowdfunding campaign giving us a 19 day timeframe
- September 7th: Trip to Canberra to promote SevGen concept at University of Canberra, TedX and Indigenous Health and Aging.
- September 11th: Met Jessica Mauboy and had an opportunity to tell her about SevGen. She was very happy for us and said that she loved the concept took my contact details and said she would be in touch.
- September 13th: Uncle Francis Firebrace speaks of ‘future partnerships and changing the world’ on his return form England
- September 15th: Crowdfunding campaign is a success and we make plans for ‘Project Social Marketplace’
- September 19th: Chance meet up with Mr Chris Sarra at a Sunshine Coast Bunyas game in Gympie. Chris said that he was thinking of SevGen as he drove up. Our rapid developments were shared with him. Chris reconfirmed that he would use SevGen where appropriate in Stronger Smarter business. This is an awesome deal.
- October: SevGen connects with Indigenous Community Volunteers and we get a response to our request for a content writer and graphic designer.
- October 14th: Letter of intent from Look Now Training General Manager Tim Robson and Five Bridges CEO Julianne Eismann.
- October 25th: Kurbingui Youth Development brought first group through SevGen facility under our current facility arrangement. Two nights and all went well. Two other organisations were present at camp and have said they will return and also recommend SevGen to other organisations that they are in contact with.
- October 28th-29th: Attended and participated in Social Marketplace social impact investing conference resulting in a strong connection with Cages Foundation, Doxa Youth Foundation, MLC Foundation, Westpac Foundation, Social Ventures Australia, Social Enterprise Funding Australia (SEFA), Healing Foundation and other visionary social enterprise individuals.
- October 31st : Presented at Gympie Regional Council “Concept to Creation” Event
- November 1st: Redo our one page business plan and the critical need is a marketing plan
- November 3rd: Submitted Westpac Foundation Seed Grant EOI application.
- November 4th: Started ISEF funding application
- November 4th: Discussing proposal for a SevGen pilot program with Nambour State High School.
- November 12th : Social Ventures Australia Crunch program interview
- November 13th: Approved to have 2 masters students on final placement with us in 2014
- November 21st: SevGen/Nambour State High School proposal is accepted. We will deliver the program for the last 3 weeks of final term.
- November 26th: Begin pilot program
- November 29th: Close off Yuendemu exploration with Mt Theo program outstation’s coordinator Kerri-Anne Chilvers
- November: Notified that we were unsuccessful on our Crunch application
- December 12th: Present Lift a Drifter wrap up to stakeholders.
- December 12th: Discussion with Youth Justice on partnership project
- December 16th: Meeting with Social Ventures Australia
- December 18th: Social Ventures Australia panel pitch