CPLAN is a series of decentralised youth work networks under the umbrella of the community youth sector peak body, Youth Affairs Network Qld (YANQ). CPLAN aims to create an ongoing and sustainable structure across ten regions in Queensland to support a consistent focus on policy issues relevant to young people and workforce development strategies for the youth sector.
SevGen is looking to contribute to a CPLAN initiative called the Narrative Project with Lift a Drifter Excellence Experience (LADEE) as an example for best practise research.
The Narratives Project will engage up to 10 agencies that will choose up to three young people who have had contact with their agency with the aim of answering 2 key questions through their narratives:
1. What are elements of successful practice with young people?
2. What outcomes have been achieved?
The stories would cover:
- The perspective of the young person
- The intervention and practice of the youth worker and the agency
- The connection and impact with the family and community
- The links with other agencies and how useful (or not) the service system was